NYU-Poly Conference To Explore New HR Weapons In The 'War For Talent'
NEW YORK, April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- There's a battle going on right now, as companies compete to attract and retain top talent. Among the most potent weapons a human resources manager can wield is applying data analytics to talent management. On Thursday, April 18, 2013, the Polytechnic Institute of New York University (NYU-Poly) will host a free half-day conference exploring advances in talent management and offering advice on data-driven practices that can benefit organizations of any size.
Attendees will join internationally recognized consultants and executives from such firms as Accenture, Google, JetBlue, Morgan Stanley, PepsiCo and SAS as they discuss how they employ information technology and workforce analytics to monitor their companies' overall performance, track employee satisfaction, manage their staffing needs and encourage worker engagement. These companies have realized that relying on traditional HR practices – which focus on risk avoidance, legal compliance and what have been called "hunch-based" decisions – is no longer sufficient in an increasingly data-driven age.
"Talent management is undergoing fundamental advances that employ information technology, workforce analytics, economics, as well as organization science principles," said conference organizer Harold G. Kaufman, professor of management and academic director of the Organizational Behavior Program in NYU-Poly's Department of Technology Management and Innovation. "We designed Talent Management 2.0 to engage HR and IT practitioners, including executives, managers and entrepreneurs as well as academics and students – in short, everyone seeking new strategies and tactics in the 'War for Talent.' "Talent Management 2.0: HR Innovation in the Big Data Era will offer opportunities to:
- network with leaders in this emerging field;
- visit cutting-edge human resource technology vendors to see their latest products;
- meet recruiters seeking to fill openings for information technology and HR professionals;
- and earn recertification credits from the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and the International Association of Human Resource Information Management (IHRIM).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV