CAMBRIDGE, Mass., April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: MACK) today announced that research data on five novel experimental cancer therapies (MM-398, MM-121, MM-111, MM-302, and MM-141) will be presented at the 2013 American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting, April 6-10, 2013 in Washington, DC. Presentations will include preclinical data evaluating the potential of treatments to restore tumor drug sensitivity and delay resistance when used alone or in combination with other targeted treatments. Data will be shared in late-breaking sessions, mini-symposia and poster sessions.
"We are excited about the advancements and research to be presented regarding several of the therapies in Merrimack's robust oncology pipeline," said Ulrik Nielsen, PhD, Co-Founder and Chief Scientific Officer, Merrimack Pharmaceuticals. "The research explores the potential of our novel medicines to inhibit signaling to prevent tumor growth and improve responsiveness to treatments, as well as the potential of our investigational nanotherapeutics to deliver chemotherapy directly to diseased cells to enhance activity and improve safety. These therapies are being studied across multiple cancers such as head and neck, lung, breast, gastric, pancreatic and melanoma."
- Session Title: Late-Breaking Research - Clinical Research 1 LB-79: Combined treatment with HER3 antibody MM-121/ SAR 256212 and EGFR antibody cetuximab in pre-clinical models of head and neck cancer Monday, April 8, 2013, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PMHall A-C, Poster Section 45
- Session Title: Preclinical and Molecular Endocrinology in Hormone-Responsive Cancers 1072: MM-121/ SAR256212, an anti-ErbB3 antibody, restores sensitivity to letrozole and delays the onset of resistance in an ER+ breast cancer model Sunday, April 7, 2013, 4:05 PM - 4:20 PMRoom 206, Washington Convention Center
- Session Title: Novel Targeted Therapies 2 4633: MM-111, a bispecific HER2 and HER3 antibody, synergistically combines with trastuzumab and paclitaxel in preclinical models of gastric cancer Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 3:05 PM - 3:20 PMRoom 152, Washington Convention Center
- Session Title: Experimental Combination Therapy 1 2077A: MM-141, a novel bispecific antibody co-inhibitor of IGF-1R and ErbB3, inhibits the proliferation of melanoma cells Monday, April 8, 2013, 1:00 PM -5:00 PMHall A-C, Poster Section 37
- Session Title: Experimental Combination Therapy 2 3271: Tumor priming with cyclophosphamide increases delivery and activity of Her2-targeted liposomal doxorubicin (MM-302) in preclinical models of breast cancer Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 8:00 AM -12:00 PMHall A-C, Poster Section 37
- Session Title: Novel Delivery Technologies 5622: The tumor microenvironment modulates the delivery and activation of liposomal encapsulated irinotecan, MM-398 Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 8:00 AM -12:00 PMHall A-C, Poster Section 41
- Session Title: Antibody/Protein Therapeutics 5464: In-vitro studies of MM-121/ SAR 256212, an anti-ErbB-3 antibody, in combination with erlotinib in EGFR-wild-type NSCLC Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 8:00 AM -12:00 PMHall A-C, Poster Section 36
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts