Forecast 1-Year Return: Only WMB shows downside risk over the next 12 months with a projected slippage of just 0.8%. The biggest winners are projected to be NI and AES with projected gains of 12.0% and 13.6% respectively.
12 Month Trailing P/E Ratios: Sector P/E ratios range from 10.7 for AES to 39.1 for WMB.
200-Day Simple Moving Averages: Only FE is trading below its 200-day. This means that the other 14 stocks are at risk of reversion to the mean.
Here's how to use the Value Levels and Risky Levels for stocks in today's table:Value Level: is the price at which to enter a GTC Limit Order to buy on weakness. The letters mean; W-Weekly, M-Monthly, Q-Quarterly, S-Semiannual and A- Annual. Pivot: A level between a value level and risky level that should be a magnet during the time frame noted. Risky Level: is the price at which to enter a GTC Limit Order to sell on strength. If you want to buy-and-trade the energy sector without stock picking consider using the Utilities Select Sector SPDR (XLU) ($39.01). My semiannual and monthly value levels are $36.48 and $35.88 with a weekly pivot at $39.00 and quarterly and annual risky levels at $40.27 and $40.52.
Chart Courtesy of Thomson / Reuters Keep in mind that utilities stocks are considered investments for the annual dividend. The dividend yield for the XLU is 3.52%. A stock that had a twelve month gain of 14% and a 3.5% dividend yield can be sold to lock in the equivalent of four years of dividends.
At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @suttmeier This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV