Blackstone reportedly paid a significant discount for the debt that may soon fall in default after Multi advised lenders that they would miss interest payments.
Blackstone has made even greater news with proposals to buy Dell (DELL) in competition with Michael Dell and Silver Lake Management LLC's attempt to take Dell private.
From a technical analysis viewpoint, I want to see Blackstone pull in and give us a buying dip before entering. A price near or slightly less than $19 a share is where I would want to focus on adding Blackstone shares to your portfolio.
At the time of writing and from the latest short interest report, the short interest is minor and not a cause of distraction. The small amount of short interest is 2.6%.
BX Payout Ratio TTM data by YCharts
GE Dividend Yield data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV