MINNEAPOLIS, April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Food lovers, it's time to vote. General Mills is honoring 20 categories of the best food experiences America has to offer – from the best food city, to the best food truck, to the best chef – by calling on the public to award the most deserving with the 2013 Munchies: People's Choice Food Awards. Voting begins today through April 30 th at Tablespoon.com/themunchies.
"We are excited to highlight the culinary tastemakers who are shaping America's food culture. The Munchies gives food lovers a voice in celebrating the restaurants, chefs and media that deliver the most inspiring food experiences. Plus, we'll be making a donation to Feeding America on behalf of all of the voters and panelists, so everyone who participates is also supporting a great cause," said Heather Reid, Food Content Marketing at General Mills. "Every day, food lovers visit Tablespoon.com to discover and share the freshest, most amazing ideas from the world of food and drink, so it's the perfect place to host The Munchies."
James Beard award-winning television personality and Chef Andrew Zimmern was tapped to distill the big, juicy world of food experiences down to a handful of nominees per category. A pro with his own cred in the kitchen, Zimmern headed up a wide-ranging panel of celebrity food personalities to create the short list of nominees."Food is such a passion point for so many of us in this country, and I love being involved in anything that really gets people talking about the best of what's out there," said Zimmern. "The Munchies are an opportunity to spark a national conversation about food and give the public a chance to vote for their favorites."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV