MBX Announces 60-Drive, 4U Storage Server For Software Vendors, Meeting High-Density Video, Cloud And Other Storage Needs
LIBERTYVILLE, Ill., April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Custom server appliance manufacturer MBX Systems today announced a 60-drive, 4U storage appliance for video, cloud and other software applications requiring turnkey appliances with extreme high density capabilities. Fully configurable to meet a wide range of application needs, the new MBX X-60 unit conserves both power and rack space by packing up to 60 discrete 3.5" drives into a chassis that typically can accommodate no more than 36. It also capable of handling both big data storage and processing requirements in one integrated unit, delivering additional flexibility and space-saving benefits.
The new super-sized storage and processing box – which will be introduced at MBX Booth #SL9610 at the NAB Show in
Las Vegas – speeds time to market for application providers by eliminating the need to design and spec a custom high density chassis and component platform for a server appliance from scratch. It is also the most competitively priced, pre-engineered 60-drive server option that utilizes quality components to ensure reliability and peak performance.
Key MBX X-60 features include:
- Suitability for a wide range of applications, including video streaming, broadcasting, video on demand, media storage, public or private cloud storage, email archiving, data warehousing, file and web servers, and more
- Up to 240 TB of storage, depending on the customer's needs
- Configurable SAS2 backplanes with 6 GB SAS expanders delivering up to 5 discrete backplane configurations with performance up to 30 Gb/s
- Support for ATX or Extended ATX motherboard form factors, providing the flexibility to add expansion slots as well as the power to support both big data storage and processing in one unit – leveraging EATX's 512 GB of memory plus the system's power supply, cooling and expansion design
- Support for a variety of x86 or ARM architectures depending on the motherboard configuration
- Integrated individual drive activity and fail LED indicators
- Dual fan banks for distributed cooling to acclimate to operating environment extremes
- Tool-less maintenance with captive thumb screws for easy front and rear lid removal
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts