"The Philips LED 22-watt bulb is the next natural addition to an LED retrofit portfolio that already offers 88 ENERGY STAR rated products, ensuring that our customers are getting a product that delivers the quality and innovation they have come to expect from us," said Ed Crawford, General Manager of Lighting Systems and Lamps for Philips. "Once again we have demonstrated that customers do not have to wait for alternatives to incandescent bulb or sacrifice their light output or quality because LED technology can deliver real business benefits without compromise."
The new Philips LED 22-watt is dimmable and has a rated life of 25 times longer than a standard incandescent bulb. Over its lifespan, it could save a business about $214 per bulb. The bulb will also provide a substantial return on investment through extended bulb life and reduced energy and maintenance costs.
About Royal Philips Electronics Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2012 sales of EUR 24.8 billion and employs approximately 118,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming, home and portable entertainment and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
SOURCE Royal Philips Electronics
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV