Construction work in the insulin-active-ingredient production area could be completed by December and operational by March 2014. Lilly anticipates that construction-worker numbers would average around 70 and peak at around 160 during the proposed project. This portion of the investment would enable Lilly to increase its annual output of insulin active ingredient--the medicine that goes into the vials and cartridges that patients use.
Once operational, approximately 175 full-time, highly skilled, specialized technicians, scientists, and engineers would be needed to manage operations in the cartridge-filling and insulin-active-ingredient manufacturing areas.
Filling insulin cartridges will be a new technology for Lilly's U.S. manufacturing operations. Lilly sites in the U.S. currently only fill insulin vials, which are used with a traditional syringe or an insulin pump. Cartridges, however, are used in insulin "pens," which are growing in popularity in the U.S.
About Eli Lilly and CompanyLilly, a leading innovation-driven corporation, is developing a growing portfolio of pharmaceutical products by applying the latest research from its own worldwide laboratories and from collaborations with eminent scientific organizations. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Ind., Lilly provides answers - through medicines and information - for some of the world's most urgent medical needs. Additional information about Lilly is available at www.lilly.com. C-LLYCAR: CA20257 Refer to:(317) 433-9899 - Ed Sagebiel; email@example.com (317) 433-3246 - Andrew McLaughlin; firstname.lastname@example.org (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20031219/LLYLOGO ) SOURCE Eli Lilly and Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV