DALLAS, April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced a haptic driver that makes it easy to add realistic tactile feedback effects to consumer and industrial products, such as smartphones, tablets, ebooks, refrigerators, microwave ovens and washing machines. The DRV2605 is the only eccentric rotating mass actuator (ERM) and linear resonant actuator (LRA) haptic driver pre-loaded with a library of 123 distinct haptic effects designed and licensed by Immersion, the leading developer and licensor of touch feedback technology. The DRV2605 also features a smart loop architecture that reduces startup and braking time by half, delivers twice the vibration strength, and consumes 50-percent less power to extend battery life, compared to competitive solutions. Watch a video demonstration at www.ti.com/drv2605-prv. To order samples, visit www.ti.com/haptics-pr.
"Licensing Immersion's haptic effects library for the DRV2605 provides customers the convenience of one-stop shopping and rapid time-to-market," said Shreharsha Rao, manager for Haptics Products at Texas Instruments. "In addition, the DRV2605's smart loop architecture delivers the high performance consumer designers need to employ haptics in their products. And designers of household appliances can confidently implement capacitive touch buttons with haptics, in place of mechanical buttons, to boost reliability and extend button life."
Key features and benefits of the DRV2605
- Reduced system complexity: The pre-loaded Immersion haptic effects library offers a range of distinct and differentiated tactile effects for touch screen feedback, giving users a more satisfying and realistic experience.
- Audio-to-haptics mode: Automatically converts audio from music, movies or games into haptic effects. The audio mode adds a vibrating bass enhancement that allows users to feel and fully experience audio and video content.
- Smart loop architecture: Offers automatic overdriving and braking for ERMs and LRAs, which simplifies software programming and reduces startup and braking time by 50 percent. Automatic resonance tracking for the LRA delivers twice the vibration force at half the power of competitive solutions. In addition, the automatic actuator diagnostics and level tracking feature delivers consistent acceleration over a range of environmental conditions.
- Smallest solution size: At 1.5-mm by 1.5-mm, the DRV2605 offers designers the industry's smallest package for space-constrained portable applications.
- Complete touch solution: The DRV2605 combines with any member of TI's touch screen controller family to create a complete touch screen solution.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV