NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here are 10 things you should know for Wednesday, April 3:
1. -- U.S. stock futures were pointing to a second day of gains Wednesday as investor sentiment was stoked by Tuesday's record high closes and expectations that a jobs report will show that the U.S. recovery is strengthening.
European markets were paring earlier losses on Wednesday.
The Nikkei 225 in Japan closed with a gain of 2.99% as its central bank kicked off a two-day day meeting and fueled speculation of aggressive monetary measures.
2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Wednesday includes the ADP Employment Change report for March at 8:15 a.m. EDT, and the ISM Services index for March at 10 a.m.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Tuesday finished with gains, led by health care stocks. The S&P 500 closed 0.52% higher at 1,570.25. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed up 0.61% to 14,662.01 while the Nasdaq finished ahead by 0.48% to 3,254.86.
4. -- Verizon Communications (VZ) denied press speculation it is looking to partner with AT&T (T) to buy Vodafone (VOD), the U.K. cellphone company that owns 45% of Verizon Wireless. Verizon owns the other 55% of Verizon Wireless. Verizon did say, however, it was still interested in buying out Vodafone's stake in Verizon Wireless.
5. -- Pfizer (PFE), Novartis (NVS) and Abbott Laboratories (ABT) are bidding for Brazil's Ache Laboratorios Farmaceuticos in an auction that may value the company at more than $5 billion, people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
6. -- Tesla Motors (TSLA) is making the Model S electric car available through a special financing program. Partnering with Wells Fargo (WFC) and U.S. Bank (USB), Tesla said it has created a new kind of financing product "that combines the surety and comfort of ownership with all the advantages of a traditional lease."
7. -- The next iPhone from Apple (AAPL) could be launched this summer, according to The Wall Street Journal. Apple plans to begin producing a refreshed iPhone similar in size and shape to its current one within the next three months, the report said.
8. -- BP (BP) said it will put its U.S. wind farm operation up for sale, focusing on its oil and gas projects instead of alternative energy investments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV