Toys, Tweets Or Gourmet Treats: How Are You Honouring Your Pet This National Pet Month?
Many pets to get a special meal, along with a possible dinner date too
TORONTO, April 2, 2013 /CNW/ - What are you doing for your cat or dog in April for National Pet Month? A new Petcurean survey of more than 1,600 Canadian cat and dog owners, conducted by Vision Critical, found that traditional treats — like a new toy (45 per cent) or a special gourmet meal (25 per cent) — are the top rewards being planned for pets. However, there's a good chance that pets will be honoured digitally too, as half (51 per cent) of pet owners have posted pictures of their pets to Facebook, while five per cent have tweeted about them.
Purrfect Dinner Date The survey discovered that, not only will a special meal be on the menu for many lucky cats and dogs this National Pet Month, their owners also have an idea who would make the perfect dining companion for their pet. When presented with a list of possible high profile dinner dates, pet owners ranked their pets' likely favourites as follows:
1st. Lady and the Tramp 2nd. Toto (Wizard of Oz)/ Cat in the Hat (tied) 3rd. Hello KittyOther famous pets mentioned by pet owners included: Lassie, Sylvester and Scooby Doo. Planning Your Pet's Special Meal To make any dog or cat's special meal even better - whether they have a date for the occasion or not - Petcurean is introducing a number of new recipes, including GO! SENSITIVITY + SHINE™ Grain Free, Potato Free Turkey Recipe for dogs and GO! FIT + FREE Grain Free Chicken, Turkey + Trout Stew for cats. Like all GO! recipes, they contain zero growth hormones, by-products or artificial preservatives. Additional Key Findings The survey also revealed some other interesting demographic facts:
- Lady and the Tramp are most popular as a potential pet dinner companion among pet owners in Saskatchewan and the Atlantic Provinces and least popular among those in Manitoba.
- Toto is most popular as a potential pet dinner companion among pet owners in Ontario and least popular among those in Atlantic Canada.
- Pet owners in Atlantic Canada (30 per cent) were the most likely to say they'll be feeding their cat or dog a special Pet Month meal.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts