OWASP AppSec USA 2013, NYC November 18-21, Announces Call For Papers, Call For Trainers
NEW YORK, April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AppSec USA 2013 ( www.appsecusa.org), the premier software security conference for Builders, Breakers and Defenders, invites all practitioners of application security and those who work or interact with all facets of application security to submit speaker and trainer proposals for AppSec USA 2013. Now in its ninth year, AppSec USA brings together leading global experts in software security for four days of discussion, training, exhibition and competition, November 18-21 at the Marriott Marquis, in Times Square, New York City.
Established in 2004, AppSec USA is the marquee North American conference from the OWASP Foundation Inc., a global, free and open non-profit community focused on improving the security of application software. As in previous years, AppSec USA 2013 will include a hands-on hacking capture-the-flag competition, along with extensive hands-on training and an exhibition hall featuring the most exciting companies in the software security industry.
The AppSec USA 2013 Speaker Committee is seeking presentations and training sessions in the following subject areas:
- Web Application Security - OWASP Projects that include everything from language talks to exploits
- Hardware - Including but not limited to: application bypass, hardware hacking basics, and defeating "secure" hardware
- Physical Security - Including but not limited to: badging applications, lock-picking, physical access control, physical lock forensics and long range key duplication involving software
- Forensics - Including but not limited to: application, physical memory forensics, solid state disk forensics and network forensics
- Infrastructure - Including but not limited to: SCADA, routing, satellite and GSM.
- Android/iPhone/Windows Mobile research
- Reverse Engineering Malware and Malware Analysis
- Rootkit Detection, Techniques, and Defenses
- Exploitation Tactics
- Cloud Security / Assessing Cloud Security
- Legal Issues around EULA and related topics
- Industry Panels
Who Should Apply?
- Practitioners of application security
- Those who work or interact with all facets of application security
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts