April 2, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- AppSec
), the premier software security conference for Builders, Breakers and Defenders, invites all practitioners of application security and those who work or interact with all facets of application security to submit speaker and trainer proposals for AppSec
2013. Now in its ninth year, AppSec
brings together leading global experts in software security for four days of discussion, training, exhibition and competition,
at the Marriott Marquis, in Times Square, New York City.
Established in 2004, AppSec
is the marquee North American conference from the OWASP Foundation Inc., a global, free and open non-profit community focused on improving the security of application software. As in previous years, AppSec
2013 will include a hands-on hacking capture-the-flag competition, along with extensive hands-on training and an exhibition hall featuring the most exciting companies in the software security industry.
2013 Speaker Committee is seeking presentations and training sessions in the following subject areas:
Who Should Apply?
- Web Application Security - OWASP Projects that include everything from language talks to exploits
- Hardware - Including but not limited to: application bypass, hardware hacking basics, and defeating "secure" hardware
- Physical Security - Including but not limited to: badging applications, lock-picking, physical access control, physical lock forensics and long range key duplication involving software
- Forensics - Including but not limited to: application, physical memory forensics, solid state disk forensics and network forensics
- Infrastructure - Including but not limited to: SCADA, routing, satellite and GSM.
- Android/iPhone/Windows Mobile research
- Reverse Engineering Malware and Malware Analysis
- Rootkit Detection, Techniques, and Defenses
- Exploitation Tactics
- Cloud Security / Assessing Cloud Security
- Legal Issues around EULA and related topics
- Industry Panels
- Practitioners of application security
- Those who work or interact with all facets of application security
Past participants of AppSec
have included representatives from Adobe, Akamai, Amazon, Bank of New York Mellon, Cisco, Cox Communications, Electronic Arts, Exxon Mobile, Facebook, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Square, Twitter, Morgan Stanley, Lockheed Martin, Oracle, UBS, Unilever, Visa, Medco, Pfizer, Roche, Cushman & Wakefield, Wells Fargo.
"... the best security conference I attend every year. I have met senior security officers from Goldman Sachs, UBS, Morgan Stanley and other leading firms, along with representatives of the Federal Government."