ATCHISON, Kan., April 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Continuing its legacy as a leading innovator in the distilled spirits industry, MGP (Nasdaq:MGPI) has announced the development of six additional mash bills for the production of new rye, malt and wheat whiskeys, as well as new bourbons, at the company's Lawrenceburg, Ind., facility.
The additions include the following products: two new rye whiskeys, one made from 51% rye and 49% barley malt, and the other made with 51% rye, 45% corn and 4% barley malt; a 95% wheat whiskey; a 100% barley malt whiskey; and two bourbons, one produced with 45% wheat, and the other produced with 49% barley malt. The production of each is scheduled to begin this month.
"The incorporation of these additional mash bills in our product offerings is driven by our commitment and ability to satisfy a growing and diversified mix of customer needs," said David Dykstra, vice president of alcohol sales and marketing. "It enables us to provide those we serve with a wider, more distinctive selection of world-class beverage alcohol options. Furthermore, it reflects our ongoing focus on innovation while also demonstrating our capabilities to produce customized formulations."Development of the new mash bills was initiated by the company's beverage alcohol sales team, with collaboration from MGP's research, development and innovation group and Greg Metze, master distiller at the Lawrenceburg facility. According to Dykstra, the company's new wheat whiskey and wheat bourbon "will be among some of the more unique products of their type" in the marketplace. "The popularity of wheat-based spirits, mainly in the white goods category, has grown in recent years," he said. "We expect this to favorably impact demand for products in the brown goods category, as well, and want to be firmly positioned to help our customers in the branded packaged goods arena meet that demand."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV