Spanish Unemployment Edged Down In March
MADRID (AP) â¿¿ Spanish government figures show that the number of people registered as unemployed edged down by a little under 5,000 in March, the first reduction for the month in five years.
The Labor Ministry said Tuesday that the decline showed the government's policies are working. The scale of the task remains huge though as the number registered as unemployed stands at 5.04 million.
Spain is battling to emerge from its second recession in just over three years.
Among its problems, the Spanish economy is trying to recover from the collapse of the once-booming real estate sector, which has partly contributed to an unemployment rate of around 26 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV