YYZ LLC Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Software AG
GLEN MILLS, Pa., April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --YYZ LLC (YYZ) today announced that it has filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Software AG for unspecified damages. The lawsuit comes after numerous attempts by YYZ to resolve its concerns with Software AG over infringement of YYZ's patents.
The suit was filed in the U. S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
"We filed this case for a very simple reason. YYZ's property is being knowingly and unfairly exploited," said Vincent Cyr, Managing Partner for YYZ and named inventor of the patents in question. "Once again, we see another example of a foreign-owned company taking advantage of the intellectual capital of hard-working Americans."
YYZ said that Software AG has willfully infringed and continues to infringe on a number of key YYZ patents, including:1. US 7,062,749 - Measuring, Monitoring And Tracking Enterprise Communications And Processes 2. US 7,603,764 - Apparatus And Systems for Measuring, Monitoring, Tracking And Simulating Enterprise Communications And Processes YYZ notified WebMethods (now part of Software AG) and Software AG of the infringement years before initiating the lawsuit, but Software AG has shown no willingness to have meaningful discussions. "When someone takes our property, without our permission through a license, we have no option but to protect it through every means available to us," said Cyr. Over the past three years, YYZ has entered into numerous patent licensing agreements with companies that respect intellectual property rights in a broad range of industries. Many companies have licensed these high-quality patents from YYZ without the need for litigation. YYZ is represented by attorneys at Black Chang & Hamill LLP. RELATED LINKS http://www.yyzllc.com http://news.priorsmart.com/yyz-v-software-l7wZ/ SOURCE YYZ LLC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV