Tail-f Survey Reveals Both Interest And Confusion About Software-Defined Networking (SDN)
As organizations become more informed about SDN and begin to deploy it, Tail-f recommends that organizations:
- Focus on networking applications and services, not the actual network – by automating applications and services organizations will realize greater benefits when deploying SDN within their network environments.
- Use multi-vendor SDN for multi-vendor networks – match your SDN model to your network model. If you have a one vendor network, purchase your SDN solution from that same vendor. Multi-vendor networks require a solution designed to control both open standards-based equipment (e.g., OpenFlow) as well as proprietary equipment.
- Centralize what you can, distribute the rest – the key to SDN is centralizing control plane functionality. But not all control plane functionality is best served by such centralization.
- Insist on open standards – such as YANG, NETCONF and OpenFlow as key points within an SDN architecture. This will both extend and future-proof SDN investments.
Tail-f's 2013 Software Defined Networking Survey
Tail-f's 2013 Software Defined Networking Survey is a result of research conducted by ReRez in February–March 2013. The full study represents 237 organizations from the United States and Canada. Responses came from companies with more than 1,000 employees. All respondents are largely involved with designing, implementing or managing their organizations' network infrastructures.About Tail-f Systems: Tail-f Systems is a leading provider of network service programmability solutions for traditional and Software-Defined Networks (SDN). Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Tail-f is a Red Herring Top 100 company, a Stratecast Global OSS/BSS 10 to Watch Company, and a Pipeline Network Innovations Award Finalist. www.tail-f.com. SOURCE Tail-f Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV