MIAMI, April 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. (the "Company" or "SBS") (Nasdaq:SBSA) today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 31, 2012.
|(in thousands)||Quarter Ended December 31,||%||Fiscal Year Ended December 31,||%|
|Radio||$ 32,156||33,522||(4%)||$ 121,414||123,155||(1%)|
|Consolidated||$ 36,936||38,170||(3%)||$ 139,522||140,984||(1% )|
|OIBDA, a non-GAAP measure*:|
|Radio||$ 15,219||14,671||4%||$ 52,205||57,030||(8%)|
|Consolidated||$ 13,599||11,805||15%||$ 43,141||43,823||(2%)|
* Please refer to the Non-GAAP Financial Measures section for a definition and reconciliation from a non-GAAP to GAAP financial measure.Discussion and Results "During the past year we continued to focus on strengthening our multi-media platform through prudent investments in our content, sales force and digital distribution assets," commented Raul Alarcón, Jr., Chairman and CEO. "Building on the strength of our brands among Spanish-speaking audiences in the nation's top Hispanic markets, we made notable progress in expanding our presence in the live entertainment, mobile and online arenas, while maintaining strong audience shares across our radio clusters. We also continued to improve the performance of our TV division, which posted positive operating cash flow once again in the fourth quarter. Looking ahead, we remain very positive regarding the prospects of our business given the growth of the Hispanic population and the increasing need for advertisers to connect with our audience."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts