HOUSTON, April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dune Energy, Inc. (OCTBB:DUNR) today announced that the individuals listed below have been appointed to serve on Dune's board of directors effective March 28, 2013.
Newly Appointed Directors
- Marjorie L. Bowen, 47, has been appointed a member of our Compensation Committee, and will chair our Corporate Governance and Nominating Committee. Ms. Bowen held positions of increasing responsibility from 1989 through 2007 at Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin, Inc., an international advisory-focused investment banking firm. While at Houlihan Lokey, Ms. Bowen served as a Managing Director, where she advised an extensive number of public company boards of directors, providing transactional and financial advisory services in a wide range of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity reorganizations and other financial and strategic transactions, governance and shareholder issues, and shareholder value maximization. Ms. Bowen was also a member of the firm's Management Committee for Financial Advisory Services. Ms. Bowen also currently serves on the board of Global Aviation Holdings, and serves as Chair of the Audit Committee for that company. Ms. Bowen has previously served on the boards of directors of the Talbots Inc., a publicly traded women's apparel company, Texas Industries, Inc., a publicly traded supplier of heavy construction materials, as well as other privately held company boards, and has had various positions on the audit, compensation, and governance and nominating board committees at these companies. With over 20 years of corporate financial and transactional experience, much of it focused on advising boards of directors across a broad range of industry sectors, Ms. Bowen brings to our Board considerable strategic planning expertise, financial and strategic transactional experience, and broad knowledge on financial and governance matters.
- John R. Brecker, 50, has been appointed a member of the Audit Committee and also the Nominations and Governance Committee. Mr. Brecker has served as an executive with director and management experience in investing and operations, both domestic and internationally; including chemical, retail, auto, and shipping. Mr. Brecker has also served on numerous boards, including Catalyst Paper Corporation as an audit committee member, and Broadview Network Holdings as a compensation committee member. Mr. Brecker has also been the Principal and Co-founder of Longacre Fund Management, L.L.C. Mr. Brecker received his law degree from St. John's University School of Law and his undergraduate from American University.
Ms. Bowen and Mr. Brecker will join other members of the Dune Energy board: Robert Schmitz, Chairman of the Board; James A. Watt, President & CEO; Michael Keener; Dr. Alexander A. Kulpecz; and Eric Stearns.
Mr. Schmitz commented on the appointment of Ms. Bowen and Mr. Brecker to the board, "We are very fortunate to have Marjorie and John join our board. They bring an excellent knowledge base to our board. All of us are excited to work with our management team and investor group to build Dune into a high quality profitable Gulf Coast oil and gas company. "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV