Diversified Restaurant Holdings Reports Fourth Quarter Revenue Up 62.4%
- Achieved record fourth quarter and full-year revenue of $26.1 million and $77.4 million, respectively
- DRH generated $7.6 million in cash from operations, a 15.4% increase over 2011
- Company increased total restaurant locations in 2012 by 60.7% to 45 locations; Expects to open 10 additional locations in 2013
SOUTHFIELD, Mich., April 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diversified Restaurant Holdings, Inc. (OTCQB:DFRH) ("DRH" or the "Company"), the creator, developer, and operator of the unique, full-service, ultra-casual restaurant and bar Bagger Dave's Legendary Burger Tavern ® ("Bagger Dave's") and one of the largest franchisees for Buffalo Wild Wings ® ("BWW"), announced results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 30, 2012.
Fourth quarter revenue of $26.1 million (a 14-week period) was up $10.0 million, or 62.4%, from the fourth quarter of 2011 (a 13-week period). Fiscal 2012 (a 53-week period) sales grew $16.7 million to $77.4 million from fiscal 2011 (a 52-week period). Sales growth was driven by the addition of eight corporate-owned restaurants and eight acquired locations as well as improved economic conditions in the areas in which the Company operates. At the end of 2012, there were 45 total restaurants operating, comprised of 12 Bagger Dave's and 33 BWW, compared with 28 restaurants at the end of 2011. On a consolidated basis, excluding the additional week in 2012, same store sales were up 9.2% and 7.6% for the fourth quarter and fiscal 2012, respectively.
"Our 2012 record results demonstrate the effectiveness of our growth strategy and brand recognition in the marketplace. We continued investing in our restaurant portfolio by adding 16 corporate locations and upgrading our current facilities," commented T. Michael Ansley, President and CEO of DRH.Mr. Ansley added, "We strive to provide a consistent and unique dining experience to our customers. While we have been growing rapidly our customers remain our top focus and maintaining this consistent experience is paramount to our ongoing success."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV