IGO Reports Fourth Quarter 2012 Financial Results
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., April 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- iGO, Inc. (Nasdaq:IGOI), a leading provider of eco-friendly power management solutions and accessories for mobile electronic devices, today reported financial results for the fourth quarter ending December 31, 2012.
Revenue was $6.4 million for the fourth quarter of 2012, compared with $8.6 million in the same period of the prior year. The decline in revenue is primarily attributable to lower sales of power products.
Net loss was $3.9 million, or ($1.34) per share, in the fourth quarter of 2012, compared with a net loss of $5.7 million, or ($2.04) per share, in the same quarter of the prior year. Net loss in both periods included writedowns in the value of goodwill and other intangible assets carried on the Company's balance sheet. The writedowns totaled $1.4 million in the fourth quarter of 2012 and $2.3 million in the fourth quarter of 2011.The Company had $10.4 million in cash, cash equivalents, and short-term investments, and no debt as of December 31, 2012. Michael D. Heil, President and Chief Executive Officer of iGO, commented, "We continue to see ongoing competitive pressures impacting our revenues and margins. As announced earlier this year, we have implemented a number of cost-savings initiatives during the first quarter of 2013 that will reduce our annual operating expenses. We believe the cost-savings initiatives will better align our cost structure with our current level of revenue." Financial Review Following is a breakdown of year-over-year revenue trends in the Company's major product categories:
- Power products – Sales of power products were $4.6 million for the fourth quarter of 2012, compared with $5.7 million for the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Audio products – Sales of audio products were $1.0 million for the fourth quarter of 2012, compared with $1.5 million for the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Rechargeable alkaline batteries – Sales of rechargeable alkaline batteries were $447,000 for the fourth quarter of 2012, compared with $897,000 for the fourth quarter of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV