La.: Weekly Claims For Unemployment Insurance Rise
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) â¿¿ First-time claims for unemployment insurance in Louisiana for the week ending March 23, increased from the previous week's total.
The state labor department figures released Monday show the initial claims climbed to 2,057 from the previous week's total of 1,889. Initial claims were below the comparable week a year earlier at 2,873.
The four-week moving average, which is a less volatile measure of claims, decreased to 2,423 from the previous week's average of 2,639.
Continued unemployment insurance weeks claimed for the week ending March 23, decreased to 24,421 from the previous week's total of 26,001. The four-week moving average for such claims decreased to 26,556 from the previous week's average of 27,576.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV