NEW YORK, April 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lexington Realty Trust ("Lexington") (NYSE:LXP), a real estate investment trust (REIT) focused on single-tenant real estate investments, today announced that one of its wholly-owned subsidiaries closed on the acquisition of an industrial facility in Houston, Texas for a capitalized cost of approximately $81.4 million. The facility consists of a deepwater intermodal industrial terminal with 2,055 feet of deep water berths and existing structures encompassing 132,000 square feet on over 90 acres on the Houston Ship Channel. Upon acquisition, the facility was net-leased to Industrial Terminals Management L.L.C. for a 25-year term. The obligations of the tenant are guaranteed by Maritime Holdings (Delaware) LLC. The average rent during the lease term is approximately 8.3% of the purchase price.
ABOUT LEXINGTON REALTY TRUST
Lexington Realty Trust is a self-managed and self-administered real estate investment trust that invests in, owns, finances and manages predominantly single-tenant office, industrial and retail properties leased to major corporations throughout the United States and provides investment advisory and asset management services to investors in the single-tenant area. Lexington common shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "LXP". Additional information about Lexington is available by contacting Lexington Realty Trust, One Penn Plaza, Suite 4015, New York, New York 10119-4015, Attention: Investor Relations.
CONTACT: Investor or Media Inquiries for Lexington Realty Trust: Patrick Carroll, CFO Lexington Realty Trust Phone: (212) 692-7200 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV