Gross profit decreased by $4.1 million to $5.5 million, or 20.7% of net revenue, for the fourth quarter of 2012 from $9.6 million, or 23.9% of net revenue, in the same period last year. The gross margin decrease primarily reflects the impact of lower pricing related to commercial projects in 2012.
Operating expenses were approximately $8.9 million for the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to $9.5 million for the same period last year. The decrease in operating expenses reflects generally lower compensation expenses and improved productivity as a result of process improvements and consolidation of support operations at the company's corporate headquarters in Colorado.
Operating loss for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $3.3 million compared to operating income of $0.2 million for the same quarter last year.
Net loss for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $3.8 million, or $(0.14) per share, compared to net income of $0.1 million, or $0.00 per share, for the same quarter last year. The net loss primarily reflects the impact of lower pricing related to commercial projects, as well as an increase in interest expense in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to the same year-ago quarter.Cash was $10.4 million at December 31, 2012. On March 27, 2013, the company obtained an extension of its $6.5 million revolving line of credit with Silicon Valley Bank through September 30, 2013. In addition, the company extended the maturity date of the $6.85 million of related party debt, to April and May 2014. Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results Net revenue for 2012 decreased 15% to $92.9 million from $109.3 million for 2011. The decline in revenue is primarily attributable to the aforementioned safe harbor activity. While the company recognizes lower revenue from safe harbor installations, gross margin dollars were similar to non-safe harbor installations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV