LOUISVILLE, Colo., April 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Real Goods Solar, Inc. (Nasdaq:RSOL), a nationwide leader of turnkey solar energy solutions for residential, commercial, and utility customers, reported results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012.
Q4 2012 Highlights
- Completed more than 7 megawatts (MW) of residential and commercial projects in Q4 resulting in over 26 MW of total installations for the full year, leading to a major company milestone of more than 100MW in total completed projects.
- Improved working capital management, which primarily drove the increase in cash at quarter-end to $10.4 million from $3.8 million at the end of the previous quarter.
- Secured more than 5MW in solar power projects across Arizona and California in key education, municipal, and commercial market segments, including the Crane school district in Arizona to provide 1.7MW of solar on five school sites. In total, secured more than 6MW of new commercial projects in Q4. Advanced relationship with a northeast grocery chain to install more than 2.6MW of solar, with approximately 800 kilowatts installed in Q4.
- Implemented organizational changes that substantially enhanced productivity and reduced operating expenses quarter over quarter, setting the stage for improved results in 2013.
Q4 2012 Financial Results as Compared to the Same Year-Ago QuarterNet revenue for the fourth quarter of 2012 decreased 33% to $26.8 million from $40.3 million in the same period last year. The decline in revenue is attributable in part to the direct supplying to customers by financing companies of certain components used in residential installation. Sourcing of such components in conjunction with the associated financing allowed residential customers to take advantage of certain expiring tax benefits, and are referred to as "safe harbor" installations. While the company recognized lower revenue from safe harbor installations, the company's gross margin dollars were similar to non-safe harbor installations. In addition, results in the fourth quarter of 2011 benefited from the one-time impact of the impending expiration of certain tax incentives at year end. These tax incentives resulted in the acceleration of construction of some projects from 2012 into 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV