SingleHop Launches VMware® Enterprise Private Cloud -- Single-Tenant Cloud Computing Environment Meets Security And Compliance Concerns
CHICAGO, April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SingleHop, a global leader in highly automated cloud computing and infrastructure-as-a-service, announced today the availability of its VMware Enterprise Private Cloud, which offers a private cloud environment powered by the VMware vSphere Enterprise Plus platform. The product is a secure single-tenant pool of computing resources, custom-built for every client, and connected with a highly scalable SAN storage solution. The end result is a private computing platform with the flexibility and scalability of the cloud with industrial-strength security capabilities.
The Enterprise Private Cloud utilizes SingleHop's tried and tested automated infrastructure platform in accordance with VMware's enterprise-class cloud computing technology. Some of the features of this blend include:
- Purpose Designed and Custom Built: SingleHop sales engineers work with the client to build a network diagram that balances efficiency of design with raw computing power to determine the client's ideal configuration.
- Rule-Based AutoScaling: Clients can write business rules that govern increases or decreases in resources based upon real-time data.
- Automatic Failover: Users receive high availability using redundant SAN-based Cloud Storage, leveraged by the SingleHop Cloud
- Live Migrations: Users can perform live migrations between virtual machines and cloud servers with no downtime.
- Remote System Administration: Access is provided by both the VMware vCenter™ Server and SingleHop LEAP 3 control panels.
Users of the VMware Enterprise Private Cloud can deploy unlimited virtual machines within the private cloud, and they can apply any Windows or Linux workload as well as a number of enterprise applications. These applications are managed through VMware's vFabric™ Suite, a middleware layer for data-intensive custom applications that enables users to deploy Microsoft stack applications as well as other enterprise apps within their secure private cloud.
"Our VMware Enterprise Private Cloud stands out in the market because it enables users to deploy any number of virtual machines with no fluctuation in costs, as there is no hourly billing or per-user fee," says Andy Pace, Chief Operating Officer at SingleHop. "Organizations can use it to deploy resources much faster to individual departments, because they can create and destroy virtual machines on the fly. It's ideal for companies that have concerns relating to privacy or need to meet certain compliance standards that cannot be fulfilled with public cloud options."The VMware vCenter™ control panel has the ability to manage resources efficiently and allocate resource pools dynamically. When it comes to resource management, vCenter gives you the power to establish minimum, maximum, and proportional resource shares for CPU, memory, disk, and network bandwidth. All of these modifications happen seamlessly even while the virtual machines are running. With vSphere, resource pools are monitored continuously and automatically load balanced across your solution based on a series of pre-defined rules.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts