The Smurfsâ¿¢ Participated In The 2013 White House Easter Egg Roll
WASHINGTON, April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The 2013 Easter Egg Roll, which took place on the South Lawn of the White House, is focused on promoting health and wellness with the theme, "Be Healthy, Be Active, Be You!" The event featured live music, sports courts, cooking stations, storytelling and, of course, Easter egg rolling. The activities encouraged children to lead healthy, active lives in support of the First Lady's Let's Move! initiative.
The Smurfs™ participated in this year's roll, in anticipation of the July 31, 2013 nationwide release of Columbia Pictures'/Sony Pictures Animation's The Smurfs 2.
This was the 135 th annual White House Easter Egg Roll, with more than 30,000 people visiting the South Lawn for games, stories, and, of course, the traditional egg roll.Souvenir White House Easter eggs first became an annual keepsake in 1981, when President and Mrs. Ronald Reagan hosted a hunt for wooden eggs that bore the signatures of famous people. The tradition continues this year with four colorful eggs and the official First Dog "Bo" egg. These collector's eggs are available to view or purchase at www.easter.nationalparks.org. Watch First Dog Bo search for this year's eggs. To learn more about the Easter Egg Roll visit www.whitehouse.gov/eastereggroll. You can also join the conversation online using the hashtag #EasterEggRoll and get the latest updates by visiting Let's Move! on Twitter and Facebook. www.whitehouse.gov/eastereggroll SOURCE Columbia Pictures/Sony Pictures Animation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV