Young Scientists From Around The State Will Compete For Top Honors At The 62nd California State Science Fair
Fair showcasing student innovation hosted by the California Science Center
LOS ANGELES, April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Nearly 1,000 of the state's top middle and senior high school students will convene for the final round of competition in the 62 nd annual California State Science Fair, April 15-16, 2013 at the California Science Center in Exposition Park. Winners will take home a combined total of more than $50,000 in cash prizes. The presenting sponsors are Northrop Grumman Corporation and Chevron Corporation, with additional support from THE MUSES of the California Science Center Foundation and The Ralph M. Parsons Foundation. Barbara Radding Morgan, an educator and former NASA astronaut, will serve as the keynote speaker. A California native, Morgan participated in the Teacher-in-Space Program and trained with Christa McAuliffe and the Challenger crew. She completed her first space flight in 2007 as mission specialist for the crew of STS-118. The keynote address will take place Monday, April 15, 2013 from 5:00-6:00 PM.
Ideas for projects often come from today's headlines or even real-life experiences. Here is a sample of the interesting titles submitted to this year's Science Fair:
- Coffee: Hazardous for Consumption?
- The Effects of Video Games on the Brain
- Designing a More Ergonomic QWERTY Keyboard Layout by Analyzing Punctuation Frequency
- Bio-Rusting: The Effect of Bacteria on Corrosion
Students representing 30 affiliated county and multi-county regional science fairs throughout the state have advanced to the California State Science Fair. The projects span 22 categories – from aerodynamics/hydrodynamics to zoology – in two age divisions and will be judged by a volunteer pool of some 350 scientists and engineers from private industry and higher education.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV