Ind. Task Force Yields Unemployment Fraud Charges
The state agency's efforts to refine its ability to track fraud came as Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry was pushing an effort to expand the investigation and prosecution of white-collar crime.
"It became apparent the volume was such that we could justify having a full-time person assigned (to unemployment fraud cases)," Curry said, "but we didn't have the funds in our budget to pay for that."
But the state agency did have funding available and a plan was worked out to pair a dedicated prosecutor with 24 workforce department investigators to create the task force.
"It was a perfect trade-off," Curry said.___ Information from: The Indianapolis Star, http://www.indystar.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV