Gift Of Life Donor Program Names New Officers And Members To Governing And Medical Advisory And Policy Boards
PHILADELPHIA, April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Gift of Life Donor Program has announced the addition of new officers and members to its Governing and Medical Advisory and Policy Boards to help guide the organization's operations. Gift of Life is the region's non-profit, federally designated organ procurement organization (OPO) serving the eastern half of Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey and Delaware.
Gift of Life's board members come from varied backgrounds, including hospital administration, transplant surgery, critical care medicine, business, science and community activism. Working together, they will oversee and help direct the organization's strategic and operational initiatives.
The following Governing Board members were named as officers:
- Glen D. Moffett, Esq. , Chair. Mr. Moffett is Vice President and General Counsel of WellSpan Health
- Gerard J. Fulda, MD, Vice Chair. Dr. Fulda is Chief of Surgical Critical Care and Director of Surgical Research at Christiana Care Health System
- Sean Dukes , Treasurer and Secretary. Mr. Dukes is Director of Systems Engineering at Lockheed Martin and a heart transplant recipient
- Clyde F. Barker, MD, Immediate Past Chair. Dr. Barker is Chairman Emeritus of the Department of Surgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, and pioneering transplant surgeon
New members joining the Governing Board this year include David A. Pierson , Ph.D., President of The Pierson Group in Philadelphia, PA, and a donor family member; Laurene Cianfrani , Senior Director of Hospital Relations Management for the Penn-Jersey Region of the American Red Cross Blood Services and Radi F. Zaki, MD, Chairman of the Division of Transplantation at Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia.Returning board members include Meg McGoldrick , Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at Abington Memorial Hospital; and Zakiyah Kadry, MD, Chief of the Division of Transplantation at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. Gift of Life Donor Program President and CEO Howard M. Nathan also serves as a voting member of the Governing Board. In addition to its Governing Board, Gift of Life also announced new officers and members to its Medical Advisory and Policy Board (MAPB). Board members provide expertise and guidance to Gift of Life in recommending policy on a variety of initiatives related to increasing donation opportunities and enhancing relationships with hospital partners.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts