The Sterling Group Announces The Addition Of Jim Apple
HOUSTON, April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Sterling Group, a middle market private equity firm based in Houston, Texas, today announced the addition of Jim Apple as a Senior Vice President, Business Development effective immediately. Jim has worked with Sterling closely for many years in his role in Sponsor Coverage at both Morgan Keegan and Raymond James.
In his new role at Sterling, Jim will lead the firm's deal sourcing efforts with an immediate focus on family businesses and corporate carve-outs in the sectors of basic manufacturing, distribution and industrial service. Jim has over 20 years of experience working with industrial businesses in North America.
"Jim's depth of knowledge of industrial businesses in the middle market will be a great asset to Sterling," said Greg Elliott, Partner of Sterling. "Jim's addition will help ensure that Sterling continues to identify and partner with exceptional management teams to grow industrial businesses."In addition to Jim's efforts, Sterling's investment professionals will continue to draw on their networks built over the 30 year life of the firm to seek out new partnership opportunities. About The Sterling Group Founded in 1982, The Sterling Group is a private equity investment firm that targets controlling interests in basic manufacturing, distribution and industrial services companies. Typical enterprise values of these companies range from $100 million to $500 million. Sterling has sponsored the buyout of 42 platform companies and numerous add-on acquisitions for a total transaction value of approximately $9.9 billion. Sterling has particular expertise partnering with family businesses and management teams of corporate carve-outs, with 80% of Sterling's historical investments falling in these two categories.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV