Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Checking My List
Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- April is the most bountiful month of the year when it comes to the stock market, Jim Cramer told his "Mad Money" TV show viewers Monday. That's why Cramer is pushing the skeptics aside and reviewing his "Do Something" list of stocks that are taking charge of their own destinies.
Cramer first debuted his "Do Something" list on Nov. 29 and since then the 10 stocks have risen 23.9%, far more than the market's 10.2% rise.
Manitowoc (MTW) remains a company worth breaking up, Cramer contended, as is Mine Safety Appliance (MSA), which are up 33% and 29%, respectively, since being added to the list. Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS) remains a takeover target, said Cramer, even with that stock up 22%.Also on the list: Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), a stock Cramer owns for his charitable trust,
Biotech FavoritesThe future of drug stocks isn't with Big Pharma, Cramer told viewers, it's with smaller biotech names. That's why Cramer continued his in-depth look at the biotech sector by taking a peek at some of the smaller, more speculative companies that treat orphan diseases. He reminded viewers that while orphan drugs often treat fewer than 200,000 patients, thanks to Food and Drug Administration protections companies can charge upwards of $200,000 per year per patient for some of these cutting-edge therapies. Among his favorites in the group are Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN) and BioMarin Pharmaceuticals (BMRN), two stocks up huge over the past year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV