CLEARWATER, Fla., April 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tech Data Corporation (Nasdaq:TECD), a leading distributor of IT products and services, today announced the addition of VMware vSphere® with Operations Management™ through its partnership with VMware. This new offering combines the world's leading virtualization platform with the capabilities of the award winning standard edition of VMware vCenter ™ Operations Management Suite ™, giving resellers the ability to provide improved quality of service at a lower cost for their customers.
"VMware vSphere with Operations Management can improve performance, health and utilization of virtualized environments, enabling solution providers to have a winning offering for their customers," said Chuck Bartlett, vice president, Advanced Infrastructure Solutions (AIS) at Tech Data. "The excelling platform gives resellers the capability to provide their customers with enhanced performance and improved availability, while optimizing the virtual environment through integrated capacity planning. This offering is exactly what our solution providers are looking for when offering leading-edge performance operation systems to their customers."
VMware vSphere with Operations Management Benefits:
- Reduce Costs and Maximize IT Efficiency: Up to 50 percent reduction in capital and operating expenses, nearly doubling the cost savings of an environment already virtualized with VMware vSphere.*
- Improved Service Levels: Proactively detect and increase performance while lowering downtime with patented analytic capabilities to provide insight into the health and efficiency of virtualized environments, while delivering higher quality service to end users.
- Operational Intelligence and Visibility: Simplify IT operations and reduce alert storms and false positives with dynamic thresholds, automated root cause analysis and recommendations for remediation.
- Right-Size Your Environment: Increase server consolidation ratios and plan for future needs with capacity planning, analysis and optimization capabilities that enable the most efficient use of virtualized resources.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts