RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif., April 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ThermoGenesis Corp. (Nasdaq:KOOL), a leading supplier of enabling technologies for the processing, storage and administration of cell therapies, today said equipment is on order for its AXP ® AutoXpress ® System (AXP) from Crioestaminal, a leading cord blood stem cell bank located in Cantanhede, Portugal.
The AXP System is a proprietary family of automated devices with companion sterile blood processing disposables for harvesting cord blood stem cells in closed systems.
"Crioestaminal is a pioneer and market leader in Portugal and a major European cord blood bank. This is an important win for us as we will be replacing a competitor's automated system at the facility, and it increases our footprint in Europe. We expect to begin shipments from this new agreement in the current month," said Matthew Plavan, Chief Executive Officer of ThermoGenesis."In addition, it demonstrates the value of our integrated distribution strategy implemented last year, which is a customer-centric approach that incorporates marketing, service and support for our cord blood products," he noted. "We are delighted to partner with ThermoGenesis and look forward to implementing the AXP System. We have established a leading position in Portugal's cord blood market and believe that the efficacy of the AXP will enable us to further our market share growth," said Miguel Martí, Chief Executive Officer of Crioestaminal. About ThermoGenesis Corp. ThermoGenesis Corp. ( www.thermogenesis.com ) is a leader in developing and manufacturing automated blood processing systems and disposable products that enable the manufacture, preservation and delivery of cell and tissue therapy products. These include:
- The BioArchive ® System, an automated cryogenic device, used by cord blood stem cell banks in more than 30 countries for cryopreserving and archiving cord blood stem cell units for transplant.
- AXP ® AutoXpress ® Platform (AXP), a proprietary family of automated devices that includes the AXP and the MXP ® MarrowXpress ® and companion sterile blood processing disposables for harvesting stem cells in closed systems. The AXP device is used for the processing of cord blood. The MXP is used for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells from bone marrow aspirates in the laboratory setting.
- The Res-Q ® 60 BMC/PRP (Res-Q), a point-of-care system designed for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells, from bone marrow aspirates and whole blood for platelet rich plasma (PRP).
CONTACT: ThermoGenesis Corp. Web site: http://www.thermogenesis.com Investor Relations +1-916-858-5107, or email@example.com
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts