3 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks
Mesabi (NYSE: MSB) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.60%. Mesabi Trust operates as a royalty trust in the United States. The company produces iron ore pellets. It holds interests the Peter Mitchell mine located at the eastern end of the Mesabi Iron Range, near Babbitt, Minnesota. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.29. Currently there are no analysts that rate Mesabi a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Mesabi has been 86,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Mesabi has a market cap of $298.6 million and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are down 10.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Mesabi as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MSB has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.16, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, MESABI TRUST's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 24291.66% to $14.64 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MESABI TRUST has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -47.89%.
- The gross profit margin for MESABI TRUST is currently very high, coming in at 100.00%. MSB has managed to maintain the strong profit margin since the same quarter of last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MSB's net profit margin of 98.39% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- MSB, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 4.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 15.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Mesabi Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts