3 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks
Medley Capital (NYSE: MCC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 9.10%. Medley Capital Corporation is a business development company. The fund seeks to invest in privately negotiated debt and equity securities of small and middle market companies. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.40. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Medley Capital a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Medley Capital has been 353,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Medley Capital has a market cap of $454.3 million and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are up 8.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Medley Capital as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MCC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 11.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 115.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 56.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 41.13% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MCC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MEDLEY CAPITAL CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MEDLEY CAPITAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.24 versus $0.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.48 versus $1.24).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 119.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $4.39 million to $9.61 million.
- The gross profit margin for MEDLEY CAPITAL CORP is rather high; currently it is at 67.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 54.25% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full Medley Capital Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV