AG Mortgage Investment (NYSE: MITT) shares currently have a dividend yield of 12.60%. AG Mortgage Investment Trust, Inc., a real estate investment trust, focuses on investing, acquiring, and managing a portfolio of residential mortgage assets, and other real estate-related securities and financial assets. The company has a P/E ratio of 3.55. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate AG Mortgage Investment a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for AG Mortgage Investment has been 382,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. AG Mortgage Investment has a market cap of $699.7 million and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 8.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates AG Mortgage Investment as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AG MORTGAGE INVESTMENT TRUST has improved earnings per share by 6.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AG MORTGAGE INVESTMENT TRUST increased its bottom line by earning $7.34 versus $2.01 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 53.7% in earnings ($3.40 versus $7.34).
- The gross profit margin for AG MORTGAGE INVESTMENT TRUST is currently very high, coming in at 89.80%. Regardless of MITT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MITT's net profit margin of 30.67% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Investors have driven up the company's shares by 32.31% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in MITT do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 209.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $5.77 million to $17.85 million.
- You can view the full AG Mortgage Investment Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts