5 Sell-Rated Dividend Stocks
Charm Communications (NASDAQ: CHRM) shares currently have a dividend yield of 10.20%. Charm Communications Inc. operates as an advertising agency in China. The company offers a range of advertising agency services from planning and managing the advertising campaigns to creating and placing the advertisements. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Charm Communications a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Charm Communications has been 8,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Charm Communications has a market cap of $191.0 million and is part of the media industry. Shares are up 21.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Charm Communications as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 134.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $14.79 million to -$5.06 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, CHARM COMMUNICATIONS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CHARM COMMUNICATIONS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.60%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -10.73% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 47.65%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 136.11% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- CHARM COMMUNICATIONS INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CHARM COMMUNICATIONS INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.12 versus $1.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.37 versus -$0.12).
- You can view the full Charm Communications Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV