BioMed Realty (NYSE: BMR) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.40%. BioMed Realty Trust, Inc. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT) that focuses on providing real estate to the life science industry in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 289.86. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate BioMed Realty a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for BioMed Realty has been 1,629,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. BioMed Realty has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 11.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates BioMed Realty as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BMR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 55.55% to $62.20 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 38.95%.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BIOMED REALTY TRUST INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for BIOMED REALTY TRUST INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 25.50%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 5.90% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full BioMed Realty Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts