April Designated Month Of The Military Child
HARKER HEIGHTS, Texas, April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- April is the Month of the Military Child; a time to recognize and appreciate military children for their service and sacrifice. Military children live with perpetual challenges presented by frequent moves, parental deployments, and life transitions including reintegration and dealing with profoundly changed parents. In their own way, military-connected children serve alongside their military parents.
There are over 2 million children with parents who are serving in our military, and most are in grades K-12. Every school district in America has military-connected children and youth: over 80% of military-connected children attend U.S. public schools, and less than 8% attend Department of Defense schools.
We ask much of military children. After more than a decade of war, the well-being of all military-connected children and youth depends heavily on a strong, consistent network of supportive adults. Teachers, mentors, and role models play a pivotal role in the life of a military child.
You can make a difference in the life of a military child by seeking out opportunities to acknowledge their sacrifice, volunteering for organizations that support them, and recognizing their contribution to the nation.The Military Child Education Coalition applauds all efforts that will strengthen our military children, and provide for their future through a quality education. About MCEC Founded in 1998, the Military Child Education Coalition® (MCEC®) is a 501(c)(3) global, nonprofit leadership and advocacy organization focused on ensuring quality educational opportunities for America's two million military-connected children affected by mobility, family separation, and transition. For more information, visit www.MilitaryChild.org. SOURCE Military Child Education Coalition (MCEC)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV