Hotels In Atlanta Soar Up To 215% Higher For NCAA Final Four, Survey Shows
ATLANTA, April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Basketball fanatics who are planning to make a trip to the NCAA Men's Final Four tournament this weekend in Atlanta better prepare themselves for some serious double teaming against their wallets. Not only will tickets to the games be rather expensive, but a new survey from AtlantaHotels.org shows that area lodging in particular will be extremely costly.
In downtown or midtown Atlanta, there are currently a dozen hotels that still have available rooms for the tournament timeframe of April 6–9, according to the survey. On average, however, these rooms are running 134% more compared to regular prices. And that's just for starters. Some accommodations have gone so far as to more than triple their rates.
The Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown serves as a good case in point. Conveniently located about two miles from the Georgia Dome where the games are being played, this establishment typically charges a regular rate of $129 per night for a King room. During the NCAA Final Four, however, rates are rising to $406 per night. That's more than triple the usual price tag and equates to a 215% rate hike.
For the cheapest available room in downtown or midtown Atlanta, basketball fans will currently have to spend around $300 per night. Conversely, in Buckhead, Atlanta's uptown district, rooms can still be found for below $200 per night. Out-of-towners who are on a tight budget should consider the city's northern suburbs like Marietta and Sandy Springs. Situated about 15 miles from downtown Atlanta, rooms can still be found in these outlying areas for less than $100 per night.For the full results of the survey, check http://www.atlantahotels.org/press/ncca2013.html Contact: Michelle Walters, firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV