Bridgestone Teens Drive Smart Driving Experience Launches 2013 National Tour
NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Young drivers across the country will have a chance to learn potentially life-saving driving skills through the Bridgestone Teens Drive Smart Driving Experience. The free program pairs classroom instruction with hands-on driving exercises to teach drivers how to better handle accident avoidance and the importance of eliminating distracted driving behaviors. The half-day workshop will travel to 12 cities, hosting its first stop at the Home Depot Center outside of Los Angeles April 13 and 14.
"Distractions on the road present challenges for all drivers, yet new drivers often suffer greater consequences due to their inexperience," said Angela Patterson, Bridgestone's teen driver safety coordinator. "The Bridgestone Teens Drive Smart Driving Experience offers a closed, supervised environment to learn how to respond to distractions and make smart decisions behind the wheel."
Bridgestone's Teens Drive Smart program sessions are led by highly-trained instructors, many with motorsports, stunt driving and test track experience. They understand critical vehicle dynamics and put the students through practice maneuvers that can be replicated on the open road to avoid crashes. The instructors show these life-saving driving concepts, share tips to improve reaction time and provide constructive feedback – all in a fun, supervised environment.
The program's curriculum for teenagers is designed to:
- Define and identify distracted driving behaviors
- Identify the dangerous situations caused by distracted driving
- Develop a base understanding of driving principles
- Show the importance of keeping your eyes on the road
- Understand reaction times in emergency braking situations and controlling your vehicle on slippery surfaces
- Accident avoidance and vehicle dynamics
- An awareness of their own behind-the-wheel behavior and how it impacts their teens' driving patterns
- How to model proper driving habits
- The importance of clarifying and enforcing the rules of responsible driving with teens
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV