Bridgestone Teens Drive Smart Driving Experience Launches 2013 National Tour
NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Young drivers across the country will have a chance to learn potentially life-saving driving skills through the Bridgestone Teens Drive Smart Driving Experience. The free program pairs classroom instruction with hands-on driving exercises to teach drivers how to better handle accident avoidance and the importance of eliminating distracted driving behaviors. The half-day workshop will travel to 12 cities, hosting its first stop at the Home Depot Center outside of Los Angeles April 13 and 14.
"Distractions on the road present challenges for all drivers, yet new drivers often suffer greater consequences due to their inexperience," said Angela Patterson, Bridgestone's teen driver safety coordinator. "The Bridgestone Teens Drive Smart Driving Experience offers a closed, supervised environment to learn how to respond to distractions and make smart decisions behind the wheel."
Bridgestone's Teens Drive Smart program sessions are led by highly-trained instructors, many with motorsports, stunt driving and test track experience. They understand critical vehicle dynamics and put the students through practice maneuvers that can be replicated on the open road to avoid crashes. The instructors show these life-saving driving concepts, share tips to improve reaction time and provide constructive feedback – all in a fun, supervised environment.
The program's curriculum for teenagers is designed to:
- Define and identify distracted driving behaviors
- Identify the dangerous situations caused by distracted driving
- Develop a base understanding of driving principles
- Show the importance of keeping your eyes on the road
- Understand reaction times in emergency braking situations and controlling your vehicle on slippery surfaces
- Accident avoidance and vehicle dynamics
- An awareness of their own behind-the-wheel behavior and how it impacts their teens' driving patterns
- How to model proper driving habits
- The importance of clarifying and enforcing the rules of responsible driving with teens
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts