Hot Dogs Are Frankly A Home Run Hit With Baseball Fans
Unique Hot Dog & Sausage Creations Continue to Draw Fans
While baseball fans love classic favorites, such as the Chicago or New York style hot dog, other stadiums are continuing to add their own varieties that feature local flavor favorites. According to Wrigley Field Executive Chef David Burns it's these hometown varieties that add to the value of hot dogs.
"The perfect hot dog is a classic baseball tradition," says Burns. "From a simple squirt of mustard, to chili, cheeses, salsa, and so much more, the hot dog is ultimately customizable, which is why it appeals to a wide range of fans."
Vendors are taking note and beginning to offer distinct varieties that reflect the local market and flavors. This year's regional highlights include:
- Crab Mac N Cheese Dog: Maryland's known for its crabs, so it's no surprise the Baltimore Orioles combine comfort food with a little Chesapeake flair to represent the Baltimore/Maryland Region. The O's top the hot dog with mac and cheese and a generous lump of crab meat. For true Chesapeake authenticity, the crab meat is seasoned with Old Bay.
- Great Canadian Dog: The Toronto Blue Jays' foot long hot dog is fit for a lumberjack and topped with maple baked beans, crumbled Canadian back bacon, and Canadian cheddar will have patrons saying "Oh Canada!"
- Dixie Dog: The Atlanta Braves' half pound, foot-long, all beef, national deli hot dog features flash-fried, pulled barbeque pork, low-country mustard barbeque sauce, creamy southern slaw offering fans a taste of southern charm.
- Totally Rossome Dog: After the rousing success of the Boomstick, a 2 pound monster dog topped with cheese, chili and onions, the Rangers have taken it up a notch with the Totally Rossome dog. Named after Rangers pitcher Robbie Ross, this hot dog is topped with chili, cheese, jalapeno peppers, brisket, and Doritos. The Rangers are also offering the Sausage Slugger, a 2 pound Italian Sausage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV