McGuireWoods Supports 2013 Legal Food Frenzy
RICHMOND, Va., April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- McGuireWoods LLP invites Virginia law firms, legal departments and law schools to participate in the Seventh Annual Statewide Legal Food Frenzy, a food drive that will be held April 1-12, 2013.
In 2012, Virginia's legal community collectively raised 1.44 million pounds of food donations for local food banks throughout the commonwealth. This April, organizers of the campaign – the Virginia Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, the Virginia Office of the Attorney General and the Federation of Virginia Food Banks – hope to surpass that record by raising 1.5 million pounds of food donations.
"Each year we are honored by the generosity of the many lawyers and law students who have participated in this friendly competition," said Derek H. Swanson, one of the statewide co-chairs of the Legal Food Frenzy and an associate in McGuireWoods' Richmond office. "Their commitment to supporting the food banks' mission truly makes a difference in the fight to end hunger in our commonwealth."
About Legal Food FrenzyAccording to Feeding America, more than 1 million Virginians are considered "food insecure." This represents a nearly 54 percent increase since 2006. A large number of these individuals are children, senior citizens, disabled adults and the new face of hunger — individuals who have lost their jobs and are having problems making ends meet. In response to this urgent need, the Virginia Office of the Attorney General, the Virginia Bar Association Young Lawyers Division and the Federation of Virginia Food Banks joined efforts in 2007 to create Legal Food Frenzy, an annual food drive and fundraiser. Visit www.legalfoodfrenzy.com for more information. McGuireWoods LLP is a full-service law firm with more than 900 lawyers in 19 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.mcguirewoods.com. SOURCE McGuireWoods LLP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV