New Institute For Innovative Teaching At Palm Beach Day Academy
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla., April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A Palm Beach County philanthropist has underwritten formation of a new institute for innovative teaching at Palm Beach Day Academy in Florida.
The school has long been recognized for providing advanced training to teachers by sending them to Project Zero at Harvard University's Graduate School of Education during the summers, by bringing innovation experts to campus, and by sharing its teacher training and motivation programs with other educators throughout the U. S. and the world.
A. G. Newmyer III of Palm Beach Gardens, father of two students at the school, said: "Innovative teaching is just like the hokey-pokey. That's what it's all about."
His foundation has provided funding for The Newmyer Institute for Innovative Teaching to enhance all of the school's teacher training activities and share their results more widely. "As teachers become more enthused about learning innovative teaching methods, students become more interested in learning. It's infectious and it works."Dr. Rebecca van der Bogert, Head of School, noted: "I feel blessed to have a parent who truly understands that the key to every child's educational experience is having the best and brightest teachers. Thanks to the generosity of The A. G. Newmyer III Foundation, our teachers have the opportunity to continually generate and explore new ideas that enhance their teaching, and to exchange those ideas with other educators near and far." SOURCE The A. G. Newmyer III Foundation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV