ATLANTA, April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, announced last week from its 2013 National Managers Meeting in Nashville that the Company and its franchisees added a total of 950 new jobs across the U.S. and Canada last year. According to Aaron's Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Ronald W. Allen, the Company plans similar expansion for 2013.
Aaron's is on target to hire 750 new employees based on current plans to open 125 new stores this year.
"Aaron's has experienced consistent growth, with 2012 delivering financial results that were the best in the Company's history," Allen said. "We plan to continue new store openings in 2013 across the United States and Canada, which in turn creates jobs."At the 2013 Aaron's National Managers Meeting in Nashville, 2,000 Aaron's associates gathered for a wide scale community outreach initiative and to learn more about Aaron's growth plans for the year. Since 2009, Aaron's managers have invested 25,800 hours and $2 million in product and service donations through outreach projects conducted at National Managers Meetings in cities including Washington, D.C., Dallas, Orlando, and now Nashville. About Aaron's, Inc. Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 2,075 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada. Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur and Chairman Emeritus R. Charles Loudermilk, Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982. For more information, visit www.aarons.com. Aaron's, Inc. includes brands such as Aarons.com, GoRimco.com, and HomeStagingbyAarons.com. SOURCE Aaron's, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV