Thousands Of Companies Diagnosed With Dreaded "Silo Syndrome"
NEWTON, Mass., April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A silent epidemic afflicting hundreds of thousands of companies worldwide was diagnosed as "Silo Syndrome" today by leading Big Data authorities. Long speculated as the cause behind loss of agility, business insight and competitive advantage, Silo Syndrome does not discriminate, and is particularly dangerous to organizations in the financial services, healthcare, technology, e-business and government sectors.
Common symptoms of Silo Syndrome include:
- An inability to immediately access business information
- Searching for answers but never really finding them
- Problems processing terms like "unstructured content"
- A penchant to unnecessarily flatten relational data
- Inability to join concepts together in real-time
- Needlessly accessing multiple systems for "what" and "why" answers
If corporations experience any combination of these systems, they should seek help immediately.Sid Probstein, CTO of Attivio, is working on the front lines to aid the afflicted and says a cure is available. "Silo syndrome does not have to cripple business," Probstein said. "If a unified information access approach to managing silos of information is taken, companies do not have to suffer. They can live long and profitable lives." To watch an urgent message from Sid Probstein about Silo Syndrome and learn about the cure, please visit www.attivio.com/silo-syndrome. To download a "Six Signs of Silo Syndrome" warning sign to display at your office, please click here. This corporate service message is brought to you by Attivio, the leader in unified information access technology. About Attivio Attivio's unified information access platform, the Active Intelligence Engine® (AIE®) , redefines the business impact of our customers' information assets, so they can quickly seize opportunities, solve critical challenges and fulfill their strategic vision. Attivio integrates and correlates disparate silos of structured data and unstructured content in ways never before possible. Offering both intuitive search capabilities and the power of SQL, AIE seamlessly integrates with existing BI and big data tools to reveal insight that matters, through the access method that best suits each user's technical skills and priorities. Please visit us at www.attivio.com . Attivio and Active Intelligence Engine are trademarks of Attivio, Inc. All other names are trademarks of their respective companies. Media Contact for Attivio: Dawn Sullivan HB Agency Attivio@hbagency.com 781-893-0053 Attivio Contact MaryAnne Sinville SVP, Marketing Maryanne@attivio.com 857-226-5037 SOURCE Attivio
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV