March 26, 2013
About the Webinar
: The statistics are alarming: Even though we
we're getting enough fruits and veggies, the truth is that less than 10% of Americans actually eat the recommended target of fruit each day, and it is even less for our vegetable intake. In fact, only 2% of kids meet the recommended serving of fruits and veggies a day. So, what can be done to help educate the public and reverse this disturbing trend?
Jamba Juice invites you to join Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist,
, MS, RD, CSSD, LD/N as she shares tips to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into everyone's diet.
During this webinar, we will discuss:
- The reasons behind the fruit and veggie deficiency
- The surprising number of fruits and veggies that make up a daily serving
- The most up-to-date nutritional guidelines along with their pros and cons
- Creative ways to get kids eating more fruits and veggies
- What is working with education, media, new MyPlate guidelines and more convenient snacks
- How Jamba Juice is taking a stand in the battle against the fruit and veggie deficit, and turning snack time into a healthier, happy occasion
- Plus, Tara will share solutions--fun, innovative, on-the-go fruit and veggie options
What: Fruit and Veggie Deficit WebinarWhen:
Tuesday, April 2
3:00 p.m. ET
/ 12:00 p.m. PT
How: Live over the Internet -- simply log onto our Web site listed above.
About Jamba Juice Company
Founded in 1990, Jamba Juice Company (NASDAQ:JMBA) is a leading restaurant retailer of better-for-you, specialty beverage and food offerings, which include great tasting, whole fruit smoothies, fresh squeezed juices and juice blends, hot coffee and teas, hot oatmeal, breakfast wraps, bistro sandwiches and mini-wraps, California Flatbreads™, frozen yogurt, and a variety of baked goods and snacks. Jamba-branded products for at-home enjoyment are also available through select retailers across the nation and in Jamba outlets. As of
January 1, 2013
, there were 809 store locations globally. Jamba is a proud sponsor of "Team Up for a Healthy America" in the fight against childhood obesity and encourages fans to join the Team Up community of celebrities, athletes and other leaders committed to getting kids active and involved at
. Fans of Jamba Juice can learn more about specific offerings and promotions, and find a location near them by visiting the Jamba Juice website at
, becoming a Jamba insider at
, liking our page on Facebook at
, following us on Twitter at
or by contacting Jamba's Guest Services team at 1-866-4R-FRUIT (473-7848).
SOURCE Jamba Juice Company