PADI Announces Pet Diver Certification Course
RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA, Calif., April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is being issued by PADI and is an acknowledged spoof press release. The following news release is not factual and should be reported on as such:
Barking for a new adventure? PADI ® (Professional Association of Diving Instructors), the world's largest diver training organization, today announced the launch of the PADI Pet Diver certification –a first-of-its-kind scuba dive training program exclusively for dogs and cats. With this certification, pet owners can now enjoy the wonders of the underwater world with their four-legged companions, along with the added convenience of no longer having to find a pet sitter when the deep blue calls.
- Visit www.PADI.com to enroll in PADI eLearning ®―During this knowledge development stage, owners and their pets will gain a basic understanding of pet scuba theory, including aquatic obedience, tethered diving, best practices for sealife avoidance and how to calm anxious pets while underwater. This online immersion can be done from the comfort of a doggie bed or cat crate or in a classroom setting.
- Participate in confined kennel dives―As part of this 'paws-on' phase, owners will accompany their pets on a series of confined kennel dives at one of 6,200 PADI Dive Centers or Resorts worldwide. The pair will learn underwater breathing techniques and explore the fundamentals of neutral buoyancy, subsurface fetching and power dog paddling in a contained environment to ensure pets and their masters acquire the proper skills. In this stage, participants will also learn to sniff out the best scuba gear to suit their stature.
- Dive In!―During the final stage in the Pet Diver certification process, pets and their owners, together with a skilled PADI dive coach, embark on four open water dives to continue honing their scuba skills in a full underwater adventure. Those who demonstrate immediate proficiency and self-control may also participate in one muzzle-free, tetherless plunge featuring live mammals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV