- Has fully subscribed the marketed capacity of the project with signed 20-year terminal service agreements. Pacific Summit Energy, LLC, a U.S. affiliate of Japanese trading company Sumitomo Corporation, and GAIL Global ( USA) LNG LLC, a U.S. affiliate of GAIL ( India) Ltd., have each contracted for half of the marketed capacity. Sumitomo in turn has announced agreements to serve Tokyo Gas Co. and Kansai Electric Power Co., Inc. GAIL is the largest natural gas processing and distributing company in India.
- Has awarded its engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract for new liquefaction facilities to IHI/Kiewit Cove Point, a joint venture between IHI E&C International Corporation of Houston and Kiewit Corporation of Omaha, Neb., following completion of the front-end engineering and design (FEED) work.
- Plans to submit today its application to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) for the $3.4 billion to $3.8 billion project. The filing is more than 12,000 pages and considers all aspects of the project, including safety, environment, security, cost, community effects, and benefits.
Dominion Cove Point Liquefaction Project Moving Forward, Cements Front-Runner Status
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts