eSpeed is an electronic service for trading U.S Treasury notes and bonds. The acquisition allows Nasdaq to expand into other investment fields.
The acquisition is expected to be completed in the middle of 2013.
Goldman Sachs (GS) launched a specialty finance company to invest in risky credit products. Goldman has registered the fund as a "business development company" -- a type of investment vehicle that has grown in popularity over the past decade, and which allows Goldman to avoid certain regulations, according to The Wall Street Journal.
AstraZeneca's (AZN) patent for its Pulmicort Respules asthma treatment has been ruled invalid by a U.S. court. The ruling allows Actavis (ACT) to launch a generic version of the drug; Actavis said it would do so immediately.
U.S. automakers, including Ford (F) and General Motors (GM), are scheduled Tuesday to release auto sales for March. U.S. car and truck sales are expected to hit their highest level in nearly six years in March, according to analysts surveyed by Bloomberg. 5 Top Cars at the New York Auto Show
McCormick (MKC) is expected by analysts on Tuesday to post fiscal first-quarter earnings of 56 cents a share on revenue of $922.7 million.
G-III Apparel Group (GIII) is expected by Wall Street to post fourth-quarter profit of 40 cents a share on sales of $360.2 million. 5 Stocks Set to Soar on Bullish Earnings
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV